- This event has passed.
The Emotionally Intelligent Leader – One day enhancement program
July 24, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$1095
Leadership is fundamentally about facilitating high performance, thereby motivating others to do things effectively and efficiently. Emotional intelligence is a key attribute that helps leaders achieve this function. There is a wealth of literature detailing the impact emotion has on individuals’ performance. This research has shown, for example, that people perform their best at work when they feel involved in purposeful work that develops who they are, and when they feel valued, cared for, consulted, respected, informed and understood. This research has also shown that people often perform their worst when they feel unproductive feelings, such as feeling overly worried, frustrated, concerned, stressed, inadequate and fearful.
During this program, participants will improve their understanding of emotions and emotional intelligence. They will also explore and practise tools and techniques for applying emotional intelligence in their leadership, and creating high performance in others on that basis.
Specifically, participants will:
- explore the neuroscience of emotions and emotional intelligence,
- examine tools and techniques for effectively asking for, and responding to, feedback,
- explore techniques for developing self and other awareness,
- examine how they can use reactive and proactive techniques to build resilience and
- effectively manage strong emotions, and
- explore an approach for facilitating engagement discussions with their staff members.